Friday, August 06, 2010

Close Emptiness

As you held me and wondered what happened inside
Inside of this cold shell I wear
And I continued to mumble empty nothingness
It seems I've lost the will to share
I guess I wish you could read me
And I guess the truth's that you don't really care
So I built this fucking distance
When I really want you to see my dispair

When I lay beside the sleeping beauty, You
Sometimes my aching anguish keeps me from rest
My mind's the root of the suffering I endure
Also the reason for the pain in my breast
And it strikes me that you're so unaware
Is it my smiles that keeps the knowledge repressed?
Or that it just doesn't shine through my face
That you cannot believe everything I've expressed

I've been thinking about the embraces we share
We're so damn close, but I feel like I'm still far away
I wonder if you've even noticed my absence
But I guess this is okay

No comments: