Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Hurt Me Again

You entered my picture, shining
Confident about that you wanted me
Back in the days when I was still defining
Who I wanted to be

You spoke about liberty and of love
In a way I never had heard it before
Walking beside you, I always was proud of
Each day I miss it even more

But you were a preacher, you didn't act
At least not according to what you said
Comparing to now, back then I was intact
Still I'm not sure, how to force myself ahead

You're playing on my shame
Trying to regain what was broken and lost
Hurting me further, when you try to reclaim
I guess you cannot see, there's always a cost

I assume you don't really understand
That there are consequences to each move you make
You shouldn't deserve to reach my hand
And I wish, I didn't want to partake

No comments: