Saturday, December 22, 2007

Steel

If I'd show my emotions
Everytime I want to die
I wouldn't have no friends
And the ones around would suffer 'cause I cry

It's not fair to be depressed everyday
Then it's not only a burdon of my own
Everyone wouldn't stand it
And then I'd end up alone

And also
I don't want to show myself weak
And vulnerable
I'm already getting so much critique

And they'd find out how to hurt me
In the most effective ways
And since it's already tough
I don't want worse days

It's strained enough to wake up
Knowing there's another day full of depression
And anxiety and fear
Facing everyone's question

If I'm alright
And what is wrong?
Hard to explain
Why I don't get along

I don't really know the answer myself
But I know that it's real
I know that I'm broken
If I only had a layer of steel

Then no one could hurt me
No one could reach too deep
And a body of steel
Wouldn't cry itself to sleep

No comments: