Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Loneliness

As if there's ice expanding in my head
How could I make these decisions
When my skull is about to explode
Who could ever hold these untrue visions?

And dare to still breathe alone
Dare to sleep at all
I'm not sure I can trust myself
It's so hard to stand tall

When everyone's kicking you down again
And when your legs are shattered
Is there someone trustful enough to rely on?
Who'd show how much you really mattered

Even though your lack of smiles
They still found you beautiful and strong
For when your world's upside down
There'll always be a place for you to belong

But will you dare to take their hand?
To walk with support and care
Disease them with your sickness
Is that really fair?

What if you'd break the only ones
That would still try to reach out to you
Would this make you more alone?
More or less unable to get through?

Would it really matter
To tear the skies apart
Would it make you better
To stab your own fucking heart

No comments: