Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Unawareness

What came to conquer the year of happiness
Back when I felt and smiled and read
I want to walk through my own memories
And see them live again all around me
Feel their scent through my senses
That didn't smell a rose for years
Hear their laughs echo through my shell
That's still not empty, but still so cold
Like they stabbed it raw with 100 knives
Sliced through the flesh of innocence
To leave it to rot in it's own despair
As it desperately watches time fly away
And I can see how the world turns
The changes and sacrifices that is easily forgotten
Lost in the past and swallowed with dread
The regretting mind lets it sleep peacefully
To hope it'll never wake to awareness again
Hoping to not be tortured by oneself
Not in the past nor the future
But every act has got consequences haunting you
You'll meet them one day
And they will burn your face with revenge

No comments: