Saturday, September 04, 2010

Campaign

It seems the air is still as thick
Like mud running down my throat
I keep on breathing, heavy and deep
Force a laugh to roll through my mouth
And a smile to infect my lips
To pretend I ain't the black sheep
So I swallow a hard lump of tears
And close my eyes as hard as I can
But the air keeps beating me
To prove my impureness
A cyclone rampaging inside my body
Remaining intact ain't no guarantee
Corroding underneath my skin
And crawling upon it
There's something pusing my shoulders down
Making my bones cut my flesh
And there's something in my room whirring
But I know no one's around
The mud get's thicker
And it's got a bitter, sickening taste
I hide my face from a non-existing danger
The fear of something that already invaded me
Something that was born in me
I'm the hazardous stranger
Left alone with the voice inside of me
Slithering through my limbs
Trying to figure out how I can amend
Yet I endure, like always
Trembling and hurting, I stay still
Waiting for it to end

No comments: