Monday, January 23, 2012

Bloodletting

When I drop my intestines on your floor
Will you laugh- will you be disgusted?
Search my face with burning scepticism
Realize that I'm way too maladjusted?

If I say then that I've been waiting
That there wasn't room inside of me-
That something had to go eventually
Would you ask me to leave you be?


Gazing at my guts that make out patterns
Where our only limit is imagination
Would it hold sympathy and affection,
If I'd distinguish your soul's vibration

Right then, when my filth is exposed
Could my shame ever be relieved?
And would all your impressions of me
Mean nothing- everything you believed


Explaining how I've been knowing how
Everything in me would have me burst
And that I've walked with horrid ideas
As my mind anticipated the worst

If I would tell you everything like that
How my angst is like another dimension
That cannot fit within my aching body
Would I really have your attention?


If I would enter a state of muted shock
I assume you'd show me your dismay
Like I picture two worlds fiercely colliding
And I'm pretty sure you'd walk away

No comments: