Thursday, January 19, 2012

Horror

The world around me keeps contracting
Tuning in with the colours of the night
I'm searching for something distracting
A delicate shred of hopeful light
As I squeeze my kneecaps tight

To stay in reality, this thing called sanity
To never give in to my disorder
While receiving this twist of inhumanity
And keeping my mind in order -
Always balancing on the border

Tripping on the edge of nightmares
Hell and heaven ghoulishly combined
Where I loose control, where it ensnares
Madness along with fears, entwined
Delusional or not - I'm too blind

As the angst crawls out of every pore
Manifested as insects creeping on my skin
I scratch my body burning red, I can't ignore
It absorbs me increasingly, just can't give in
Just another struggle I must win

Eventually it'll end - for this time
I know it'll strike me again and again
Exhausted, I pound my heart in grime
The motivation I utterly have to maintain
For the harmony that I'll one day obtain

No comments: