Friday, October 19, 2012

Too many wasted years

I spent too many years with a man
Who could feed lies to my face
So I blamed myself for my jealousy-
For the doubts I couldn't erase

He fed his ego with the others
Those who kept me withered in anxiety
He made me believe I was the one;
I wish I hadn't been part in his variety

I spent too many years living his lies
He hid his infidelity behind my back
And watched how it burnt me-
He regarded my world turn black

All the games he played on me
Has truly got me mortified
I must've meant very little to him
Since he put the truth aside

I spent too many years with a man
Who only saw others when it was beneficial
Who had an ego that overcame all;
All his conquers were unofficial

All the eyes I must've met
Who knew just how I was cheated
All the eyes who knew who he was;
Egoistic and conceited

And don't you dare call it love
To hurt and mortify another
To betray over and over again
To cover it with smother

I spent too many years with a man
Who should have let me go long ago

1 comment:

Kukogho Iruesiri Samson said...

I understand this deeply...I like the emotions laid bare in its lines.