Tuesday, February 15, 2011

War of Emotions

It's one of those tormenting days
I know there's no place to hide
Yet I keep on searching gaps
A safer space where I'd lie inside
Where the hammering from my heart
Wouldn't echo as much in my ears
If I could just escape the oxygen
Every breath seems so fierce
I find my eyelids trembling
Just like the rest of me
There's no tomorrow to long for
Since they're never anxious-free
I rub my forehead with my hands
Their movements hides violence
Chaos reigns over logic
And my senses grow more intense
The battles takes place underneath my flesh
Every cell in me seems to be in conflict
I feel aggravated disgust for myself
At the same time I try to contradict
It's just a day of many more
One day, I hope to break loose
When I'll find some sort of peace
But for now I'd be pleased with a truce

No comments: