Wednesday, September 12, 2007

To Hide

And I hide inside my mind
I'm safer, it's not as hard to get hurt
Cruel is what you say about mankind
And it won't convert

Better off alone
Where no one can reach me
No one saw me when I shone
Now I'm nothing to see

I'm an odd flower
Withered and dead
Without any power
With my body coloured red

Red is the colour of love
Then blood must be the broken hearts scent
And thereof
That's what I represent

And your words can cut my wrists
You can cut me through
Your looks are like a thousand fists
But I still love you

And when you give away your heart
When you let someone in
You give them the ability to tear you apart
Trust them not to, but you will never win

So just hide behind those walls
That I built up for years
They will watch it when it falls
And then the vulnerable me appears

No comments: