Monday, June 16, 2008

Beyond Speech

You'll have to walk your own way
And no one else can sew you whole
It's easier to fix a broken leg but
Who could ever see a tormented soul?

When there's something you can't touch
A damage you cannot reach
Something torn apart somewhere inside
Beyond human vision and speech

I believed so much in our strong world
'Cause that was all there was
But how developed are we really
When we don't even have words for the other side of us

Try to stick a needle in my head
See if it'd make me less broken
And all the bricks on my lungs
All these emotions left unspoken

And I just want to rest my head
Since I'm not that damn strong
I used to be but she broke me down
And now I'm so fucking wrong

Someday I shall come again
I'll break right through this despair
There's too much I long for
One day, I'll be out there

No comments: