Tuesday, January 11, 2011

You're Feasting on Me

I've always wanted to be close to you
Not physically, I just wanted to know you
What happens inside your head
And I've always tried my best to understand you
I cannot do this all by myself
Cannot know everything you haven't said
Perhaps you're just unable to open up
To let go of your ego and see the whole picture
If you want to, keep your eyes closed
I will quit trying to force them open
I will stop dragging us on along
You won't notice when we're decomposed

I've tried so hard to hear you
Listen to the slient words in between your breaths
And every word you've loudly spoken
Yet I find myself trembling before meeting you
Anguish for long, cold hours
Just for you to make me feel more broken
When you actually dismiss me
When you actually make the coldness real
I cannot bear our burdon all alone
And you've always known it
The old wounds inflicted inside of me
You know it hurts more than I've ever shown

And I think you know that the way you're treating me
Reminds me about the hurt I've been through
Mustn't that mean that you don't care?
And oh, how badly I want you to give a damn
About that you're only making it worse
Making it tougher for me to self-repair
Yet I find myself to desperatly hold onto
Something secretly feasting on me
Something that might already be dead
I find myself fearing another embracement
For it to enchance me too much
I guess I'll just force myself ahead

No comments: