Monday, April 21, 2008

a Crowd in the Smoke

Like walking though a fog
I don't want to go ahead
Since I can't see what's coming
So I hide inside my head

I don't have the courage
I guess I'm not strong enough
So I lay myself down
The big world seems so damn tough

Maybe I'm not the only one in this smoke
But others go on anyway
Even though they're scared
What's wrong with me?
Why ain't I strong enough to save the day?

I find nothing out there
Worth fighting for
Would you fight for me?
Am I worth it anymore?

The days I spend
In my corners of guilt
Darkening myself with shame
The dreams I killed
That no one fulfilled

Like an eye can be filled with
Both pain and hate
Even though none of us were
Left with an empty plate

Ourself is still the only one
We're pitying
And I still damn myself
For hanging on this string

No comments: