Thursday, May 01, 2008

Your Smile is Filling Me

I love it when I've got your attention
I love it when you're near
But if I have to be honest
If I want to be sincere
Your presence is dear to me
But is hurting me so cruelly
And faking my feelings
Is getting harder, truly
I tried to stop with these poems
To not pressure you
But I've gotta tell someone
How much I treasure you
I know you'll never love me
And it's killing me
I try to move on but
Your smile is still filling me
Emptiness is what I feel
In between sorrow and hurt
Somewhere in the middle
My head is filled with dirt
It's not like I want you here
It's not like I want you back
I'm trying to get past you
So cut me some slack?
I don't want your sympathy
I'll be okay on my own
Don't expect an honest answer
Just leave me alone

No comments: