Sunday, January 20, 2008

Back Again

And I might seem okay
While it's just a new shell
To not get hurt again
I seem to be doing well
I'm like I used to be
Before I started to impart
But,
is this me?

And I might seem okay
I'm tough again
To not let anyone in
To not let anyone get too close
While I'm dying inside
And to not show,
This is they way I suppose

How many pills in a row?

And I guess this is the way
We need to start isolate
Or we'll get hurt again,
Or we'll break down again
Like a trial we await
And a mask is
what we need to create

No one will notice
They will think I am okay
While I'm going back to my old habits
For I have to pay
For being alive
For every step that I take
'Cause I want to survive
I don't want to break
And I have to fake
For all of my mistakes
And to not have to
Partake
In the truth

No comments: